Monday, February 7, 2011

Best Sports Man Cave Mailweek: 2/6/11



Solid mailweek this week. Received some nice looking cards along with the Coach K TTM auto.
From everyone else's experience, and now mine, no matter what card you send Coach K, he sends you back this 8x10 Auto. Pretty nice looking and I'm pleased with it. I'll frame it and have it posted up somewhere in my man cave. So only one TTM auto this week, but it's a HOF one...I'll take it.

The John "Hondo" Havlicek cards came in as well, but not nearly in the condition I would have liked. But when you pay $5 for all 3, guess you can't complain too much. He's a Celtic legend playing 16 season and winning 8 titles...not too shabby. Hondo also was the subject of perhaps the best play by play call ever when he stole Hal Greer's inbound pass in the 1965 NBA Finals against the Sixers (shown in following post).

The Kevin Garnett SP RC is a nice alternative to the pricier, more sought after Finest RC. It's a PSA 9 so not bad for $5 delivered. I really like the look of those SP rookies. I'm one step closer and one year closer to my Dave Bing RC with his second year card coming in. A PSA 7 on a tall boy is a fairly good grade. Then as a kicker picked up the 09-10 Prestige Bonus Shots numbered 08/10. Only set me back $4 delivered. Couldn't pass it up. Go Mayor Bing.

No comments:

Post a Comment